As a companion to my Motherhood Monday’s feature of Kiddie Comic Relief, I will also be posting questions I ask myself about mothering.
Is it bad if…:
- The kids asked for animal crackers for breakfast and I gave them some? That’s ok, right? Most of my FB friends seem to think so.
- I sometimes “treat” my kids with activities they’d be a part of regardless, like going grocery shopping? I tell them they can’t go unless they clean up ( or finish their lunch, or stop fighting, etc). It actually works. Suckers.
- During the spring and fall months when we have our house windows open, I often tell the girls that if they play/sing/fuss too loudly that our neighbors will call the cops and we’ll go to jail?
- I once told Loopsy that the bottom drawer of her dresser was filled with tiny polka-dotted monkeys that like to eat children just so she’d stop opening it and throwing her clothes all over the room? In my defense, she was only about 2 at the time, and I didn’t think she was really paying attention. I certainly didn’t count on her actually believing me.
- Hubs and I ate all the good (read: chocolate) candy from their Halloween buckets and we told them that they must’ve eaten them?
I’m definitely going to hell for some of these.