So, you guys, I gave up drinking in 2014.
I have not entirely decided what that means yet.
Have I given it up forever or just for a while? Given up drinking at home or drinking socially as well? Will I still drink on special occasions?
I do know that my skin looks better, and my head feels much less like lead in the mornings.
I was a 4 to 5 glass of wine a night drinker for quite a while there.
(Pause for gasps and tsk-tsk-ing)
Ya done? Ya sure?
Look, okay, wine drinking is to moms of young children what sleep and personal space are to non-parent types. For realz. (Also, just so you know, I don’t talk like that in real life. But for some reason my blogging and texting voice does. Hmm.)
I don’t think I have a drinking problem, not really. I just think I was relying too hard on my Fruity Red Sangria and less on my own spirit and perseverance.
But I’m finding it’s really hard to watch Cougar Town or Mob Wives without wine, Peeps. Jus’ sayin’.
Cougar Town is back tonight (what-what!). I really love this show and thinking about it last night made me realize how much a show can become part of your vernacular. I decided to compile a list of catch-phrases and such I’ve added to my life because of my favorite shows. Because it’s my blog, and I can, that’s why. In no particular order….
- The above mentioned “What-what!” (Cougar Town, said by Laurie a.k.a. Jellybean on multiple occasions).: http://youtu.be/y-LM2F1E-9c
- “I make lists now. Lists are cool.” (Doctor Who, said by the 11th Doctor , although in reference to wearing bow ties and fezes). Take any new thing you do, and add it to this formula: I (verb) (nouns) now. (Nouns) are cool. Done. Enjoy.
- “You’re so pretty.” (Friends, said by Rachel to Joey after he said something particularly Joey-like).
- “A-mah-zing.” (Happy Endings, said by Penny in regards to, well, anything amazing).
- “Yeah, that’s the ticket…” (SNL said by Jon Lovitz- a classic).
- “Kiss mah grits!” (Alice, said by Flo. Even more classic. That show was a-mah-zing).
- “That’s what she said.” (The Office, said by Michael Scott. I’m sure he stole it from somewhere else. See #9).
- “She’s your lobster!” (Friends (again), said by Phoebe to Ross about Rachel. Aww… tear…)
- “Not!” or “As if!” or “No way! Way!” or… list goes on and on (SNL said by Mike Meyers & Dana Carvey in Wayne’s World skits- voices of my generation, sadly).
- “Legen- wait for it- dary!” (How I Met Your Mother, said by Barney Stinson). I’ll admit I only use this with my husband b/c he really doesn’t like that show. I kid because I love.